Career Opportunity - Office Manager / Accounting Associate - Virginia Office
As a growing full-service marketing agency, Creating Results is currently seeking a full time Office Manager / Accounting Associate to join the team in their Woodbridge, VA, location. This is a diverse and dynamic position for anyone interested in growing with us towards best in the world practices, as we aim to delight our clients daily. Creating Results’ culture is very team-oriented, results-driven, and client-focused.
WHAT YOU WILL MAINLY DO
As a valued member of the team, the Office Manager / Accounting Associate will conduct a broad spectrum of office logistics, including:
- Be our Director of First Impressions.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office.
- Administer office systems including phones, printers, etc.
- Manage service provider relationships, including landlord, IT services, copier service, etc.
- Be the primary contact for IT services as needed.
- Order supplies needed for the office; manage mail & deliveries.
On the Accounting Associate side of this role you will:
- Handle Accounts Payable (except for Media purchases), including timely payment to vendors.
- Process employee expense reports for reimbursement.
- Process client payments and bank deposits.
- Support other accounting functions, such as reporting, account reconciliations, and data entry.
- Maintain files for the department.
- Support Human Resources with benefits administration and leave time tracking.
WHAT ELSE YOU WILL DO
The Office Manager / Accounting Associate will also assist other team members on a regular basis, enhancing team culture and broadening their skill set. Some essential ways the Office Manager / Accounting Associate will contribute further to the team culture are:
- Serve as the event planner for all Creating Results celebrations and events.
- Assist hiring managers with initial recruitment and pre-screening activities for candidates.
- Coordinate on-boarding of new staff members.
- Provide crucial support for Trade Show participation including scheduling and material logistics.
- Support new business development by assisting with the proposal submission process.
- Actively participate in scheduled team meetings.
WHO YOU ARE
Creating Results truly values each one of their employees. Team members tend to find the culture so inviting and the development opportunities so intriguing that they typically stay a long time. (Our average tenure is 8 years.) For these reasons, Creating Results carefully seeks the ideal candidate for each new hire position.
The minimum criteria for the successful Office Manager / Accounting Associate is as follows:
- You have at least 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in office management, accounting, and/or human resources. Prior agency experience is a plus.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You are self-motivated and can organize your work priorities, yet remain flexible enough to change direction when necessary.
- You are passionate about details and accuracy, as you strive to delight internal and external clients.
- You are comfortable using Microsoft Excel, including formulas & functions. QuickBooks experience is a plus.
- You have good judgement and tact when dealing with sensitive information.
- Your communication skills are top-notch, both verbal and written. You can communicate clearly and concisely via email and other electronic methods.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding office environment balanced with fun, happy people.
Creating Results is an award-winning agency providing a fun and rewarding atmosphere for those who love solving clients’ challenges and collaborating with teammates. We work with organizations who serve baby boomers and seniors, helping them to grow. These include real estate, senior living, healthcare, travel, financial services and more. Throughout our 20-year history we have been recognized for results in marketing to mature consumers. Inc. Magazine has recognized Creating Results four times as being one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. The company culture is open, collaborative and supportive.
Please read carefully ... YOUR APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF IT CONTAINS:
1) JOB TITLE IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE ("Office Manager/Accounting Associate")
2) RESUME (pdf)
3) A DETAILED COVER LETTER (pdf) outlining exactly why you are the ideal candidate
4) SALARY HISTORY / EARNINGS EXPECTATIONS
There are two ways to apply:
1) COPY AND PASTE your resume, cover letter, and earnings history/compensation expectations into the form below. (Fields will expand to fit.)
2) EMAIL your cover letter (outlining exactly why you are the ideal candidate), resume, and salary history/compensation expectations to HR@creatingresults.com.
Creating Results is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.