Now Hiring: Marketing Intern – Summer 2019
Creating Results, a growing full-service strategic marketing and sales agency in Woodbridge, VA, is currently seeking a part-time Marketing Intern within our Strategy & Planning department for Summer (June through mid-August). This is a paid hourly internship position with the possibility of extension. Creating Results works with clients who serve mature consumers, with focus in senior living and 55+ real estate.
Creating Results’ culture is very team-oriented, results-driven and client-focused. This position requires a marketing and advertising mindset, with the expectation that you will learn as you go, but have a solid foundation to start with. You will gain valuable agency experience through direct involvement in client accounts and their marketing plans.
WHAT YOU WILL MAINLY DO
You will work within the Strategy & Planning department, touching many account projects and assisting with components of various marketing plan tactics. Specifically, the Marketing Intern’s essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Entering all approved client projects into project management tool/software to initiate project work by agency team
- Assist with marketing plan research, discovering and presenting opportunities for consideration. Includes performing research on client target market; including census data, market analysis, publication research, specialized digital opportunities
- Assist with approved media buys by provisioning insertion orders and contracts for submittal to print and digital outlets, as well as the recording of all proof-of-placements/physical tearsheets
- Provide reporting support for monthly client reports
- Assist with client online listing/map directory claiming, updates, posts as well as online reputation monitoring
- Assist with keyword research for paid campaigns and SEO projects
- Serve as fresh set of eyes in proofing stage for client new advertisements, collateral and web materials, following established QA process to ensure work is error-free and accurate
WHAT ELSE YOU WILL DO
- Assist with agency’s transition to new project management software with data entry as assigned
- Contribute to Creating Results blog by drafting scheduled posts for review and publish as assigned
- Assist with Creating Results trade show and conference preparation as needed
- Miscellaneous research and other project duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
Creating Results truly values each one of our employees. Team members tend to find the culture so inviting and the development opportunities so intriguing that they stay for the long term. (Our average tenure is 8 years.) For these reasons, Creating Results carefully seeks the ideal candidate for each new hire position.
The minimum criteria for the Marketing Intern opportunity are as follows:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related area of study – preferably Junior or Senior college level
- A curiosity for marketing to baby boomers & older generations
- Ability to clearly communicate insights & ideas effectively, as well as receive communication from others well
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment balanced with fun, happy people
YOUR NEXT STEPS
If you think you’re the right fit and are ready for a challenging and rewarding position, please submit the following to HR@creatingresults.com.
Your submission will only be considered if it contains all of the below:
- Cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate
Creating Results is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Applications are being considered until May 19th. Interviews week of May 20th. Start date of position June 3rd.