It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Yup, the time of marketing top ten lists.
These are some of the lists that Creating Results team members appreciated, as they can shine a light on best practices and help mature marketers reach their goals in 2009.
- 2008 Review: A PowerPoint, Chuck Nyren’s 20 minute take on mature marketing,. Good info on the impact our aging on our brains and how to market to them. (Plus, a reference to Creating Results’ own 2008 mature marketing resolutions – we blush.)
- Top ten video and top ten non-video ad efforts, judged by Creativity.
- 2009 predictions, from “less is more” for social networking to customer intimacy by way of handwritten notes. In workshops for small businesses targeting the Silent Generation and other 40+ consumers, we’ve long advocated the power of a short, personal note.
- “Best of” column recap from Search Engine Marketer Journal. Offers links to a variety of “how- to” type pieces, from improving natural search performance to frameworks for SEM strategy to using keyword research to inform creative and engage your audience.
- Top ten words to avoid in ads in 2009. We’ll add #11, our own tip for those marketing to Baby Boomers: Avoid the word “seniors.”
Happy 2009, from all of us at Creating Results!