Now Hiring: Copywriter
Creating Results, a growing full-service strategic marketing and sales agency in Woodbridge, VA, is currently seeking a full-time Copywriter. Creating Results works with clients who serve mature consumers, with focus in senior living and 55+ real estate.
Creating Results’ culture is very team-oriented, results-driven and client-focused. This is an exciting and dynamic position for anyone interested in achieving personal and team goals while helping us grow our clients’ businesses (and our own) as part of our collaborative and experienced team of marketing professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL MAINLY DO
As a valued member of the team, the Copywriter will work within the Creative Department, and in close collaboration with the Director of Creative Services and other team members, to produce unique, engaging creative copy/content to inspire action while maintaining brand voice and tone, supporting strategic plans and helping achieve clients’ goals. Specifically, the Copywriter will use his or her skills and knowledge to:
- Write and edit error-free copy and content to support the needs of clients, SEO best practices and CR Marketing using evidence-based and reliable sources for reference where needed, including client-provided information, interviews, or third-party research (15-20 pieces of content per month minimum).
- Collaborate with strategists and account leads in development of brand positioning for clients including client and competitor research. Develop USPs, brand pillars, brand promise, brand positioning statements and core messaging statements.
- Adhere to style, voice and tone preferences for each client and remain cognizant of incorporating elements of brand communication strategy into all marketing initiatives and ensure that all team members are adhering to these guidelines in the work that is being created.
- Ensure copy for ads, landing pages and coordinating materials aligns with overall campaign strategy, reviewing against creative brief, seeking feedback from Creative and Client Services team and following QA process.
- Make recommendations for client marketing initiatives based on new learnings from researching content marketing and copywriting best practices in industry publications and websites.
- Write copy for print, online and social media ads for all clients (and for CR) as requested; lead copywriting efforts for client collateral packages (brochures, inserts, sales letters etc.).
- Review, edit and proofread copy from clients, other internal writers and freelancers.
- With guidance from client lead, function as content lead within accounts, working with the client as needed to understand goals/deadlines and “own” projects from a copy/content perspective.
- Guide clients to achieve maximum ROI by performing audits, creating brand/style/persona guidelines, developing messaging and/or workflows and content calendars.
- Write effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts (clients and CR Marketing) through development of link-building strategies and keyword analysis.
- Partner with strategists and account leads to understand and drive clients’ marketing initiatives, co-develop functional content calendars, write and revise copy/content, measure ROI/usability and suggest strategies to measure effectiveness and success and make recommendations based on results.
- Ensure copy/content is compelling, timely, on brand, on strategy, logically sound and created in a flexible manner that allows it to be used by multiple platforms, while speaking to the specific audience in the appropriate voice.
- Act as a subject matter expert on copy/content development in the areas of senior living, 55+ real estate and other markets as necessary. Make recommendations about how best to capture and present ideas and drive behavior that leads to meeting our clients’ goals, driving team to greater levels of integration and engagement.
- Create copy/content for CR Marketing initiatives, including blog content calendar development, collateral, tradeshow materials, print ads and other materials as needed.
- Collaborate with Director of Creative Services to bring copy/content to life in a variety of creative mediums.
WHO YOU ARE
Creating Results truly values each one of our employees. Team members tend to find the culture so inviting and the development opportunities so intriguing that they stay for the long term. (Our average tenure is 8 years.) For these reasons, Creating Results carefully seeks the ideal candidate for each new hire position.
The minimum criteria for the Copywriter opportunity are as follows:
- At least 3 years of writing, editing and copy/editing experience with demonstrated skills and expertise with creativity in promotional and educational/informational writing
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or related area of study
- Previous experience as a writer/editor for senior living or 55+ clients (preferred), newsroom or marketing agency
- 3 years of writing, editing and copy/editing with demonstrated skills and expertise with creativity in promotional and educational/informational writing
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional copy/content writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience writing to audience personas, client brand voice and tone
- Experience using project management systems and tools – knowledge of Workamajig a plus
- Experience executing SEO best practices
- Attention to detail and ability to give and take direction well
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Organized with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment both independently and as a team member
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
ABOUT CREATING RESULTS
Creating Results is an award-winning agency providing a fun and rewarding atmosphere for those who love solving clients’ challenges and collaborating with teammates. We work with organizations who serve baby boomers and seniors, particularly senior living communities and real estate developers, helping them grow. Throughout our over 25-year history we have been recognized for results in marketing to mature consumers. Inc. Magazine has recognized Creating Results four times as being one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States. The company culture is open, collaborative and supportive.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
If you think you’re the right fit and are ready for a challenging and rewarding position, please submit the following to HR@creatingresults.com.
Your submission will only be considered if it contains all of the below:
- Cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate
- Salary requirements
Creating Results is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.